Veterinary technician advancement award: This award is given to a certified, licensed or registered veterinary technician recently graduated from an accredited veterinary technical program. The goal of this award is to encourage professional and educational advancement for those veterinary technicians and nurses who can demonstrate understanding of and have acted in the promotion of the human-animal bond.
January 16th– Accepting Applications
April 15th – Applications Closed
June 15th – Winner Announcement
HABA will sponsor a student scholarship of up to $2000/year, with the final amount determined by the board of directors. The board reserves the right to offer more than one scholarship or no scholarship at all. The scholarship is to be used toward tuition/fees and payment for the calendar year and will be made directly to the student’s school.
Criteria and Instructions
The Applicant Must:
- Be a graduate within the last 5 years from an AVMA accredited veterinary technician training program
- Applicant must be eligible for Licensure, Certification or Registration as a Veterinary Technician
- Be a HABA member (awardee membership fee waved for 1 year)
- Submit an essay between 250 and 500 words. The essay should include the understanding of, and interest in, the Human Animal Bond. Special preference will be given to leadership, activity and interest in the Human Animal Bond.
- Submit the completed HABA Career “Kick Start” Award Application and Essay by April 15th.
- Title the documents with your last name first, followed by your first name and AVMA accredited veterinary technician training program.
The Awardee will be expected to:
- Submit a personal profile article for the HABA newsletter.
- Provide written permission for social media use of her / his name and photo in HABA’s website, newsletter and social media accounts.
- At the board’s discretion, may be invited to sit on the board as a student representative with HABA.